Temporary and permanent home search
- Accompanied viewing of selected rental properties which are within the employee’s budget and meet his requirements
- We negotiate the rent, seeking to obtain the lowest rental possible;
- Agree the terms of the tenancy agreement;
- Prepare the contract (we have an in house solicitor);
- Shepherd the tenancy agreement through to completion as quickly as possible;
- Engage an inventory clerk to conduct the inventory check-in;
- Oversee the transfer of initial deposit
School and educational facilities search
- Make appointments at International schools;
- Give guidance on Addis Ababa private or state schools;
- Make appointments for schools visits and interviews;
- Accompanied school visits.
- Provide a program of guidance on social culture to individuals, families or groups;
- Ensure a welcoming approach giving in-depth understanding of all aspects of daily living in the Ethiopia enabling swift adaptation to life in a new country;
- Cover class system, political overview, safety issues, transportation, education, communication, business and social etiquette.
Premier settling in programs
- Arrange transportation from airport to new home on arrival;
- Deliver provisions pack for arrival;
- Collect keys from agent and meet at the property on the move in day;
- Attend the property to oversee installation of telephone or consignment delivery;
- Accompany a walk-through at the property;
- Accompany on a shopping trip to highlight differences in shopping in Addis;
- Introduce the employee to Car Purchase/Leasing specialist to facilitate the acquisition of a vehicle
- Arrange and obtain car parking permit;
- Accompany the employee to local facilities including libraries, supermarkets, health clubs or crèches;
- Arrange driving lessons;
- Help with the transfer of utilities and telephone.
- Leaving Ethiopia can be as difficult as arriving. Our departure assistance is to assure that the beneficiary has a smooth departure from Ethiopia.
- In order to prepare and organize his/her departure, Addis Ababa Relocation Services provides the beneficiary a document in which all steps taken in his/her behalf will be explained. We will ask him/her to give us all the needed documents. We will explain also all he/she will have to do to leave the accommodation in agreement with the lease. We will ask him/her to sign authorization to allow Addis Ababa Relocation Services to act in his/her behalf to cancel the lease, and all utility contracts and insurance policies.
- On the client or beneficiary’s wish, we will take care of the fixtures inventory and of the different cancellations specific to the locality (Addis Ababa or suburbs), and to the type of accommodation (empty or furnished).
Complete local information and helpline advice